Sorting by

Vai al contenuto

The endless story explored by the Marengo brand

2 May 1796: France fought the Ancien Régime reunited with the first coalition (1792 – 1797) and Napoleon, leader of the Italian Campaign, stopped at the sixteenth-century basilica of Santa Croce (Bosco Marengo). The Dominican convent was also used as a hospice for survivors of the Napoleonic battles: the suppression of monastic orders decided by the First Empire strengthened by the French triumph at the Battle of Marengo (June 14, 1800) insisted on the residual course for the epic of Napoleon. The recent transfer from the Napoleonic museum (Villa Delavo – Spinetta Marengo) to the museum set up at the monastery founded by Pope Pius V unites two sites engraved by the history of the pre-Christian era to the contemporary age to the green attitude: the iter of few kilometers has happened on the flagship Tesla to electric motor supplied from the company Y3K to the vanguard for the eco-mobility and the energetic transition. The eco-friendly attitude dates back to the 20th century and, since last year, is also governed by Article 9 (Fundamental principles – Constitutional Charter of the Italian Republic, 1948).

The village of Bosco was subdued by the Ligurian lineage of Marici (here is the origin for the noun Marengo) then (187 BC) invaded by the Roman consul Marco Emilio Lepido and still engraved by the segment of via Emilia. The title of village (498) bestowed by the sovereign ostrogoth Theodoric preceded the power united with the Lombards and the marquisate (later granted to the Aleramici of Monferrato ancestors of Ugone alias the first marquis of Bosco) established by the Emperor Otto I of Germany. The marquisate of Bosco, extended from the city of Alessandria to the Ligurian coast, had the dominion of the Visconti and Sforza lordships (14th century). The feud, adjacent to the border behind the duchy of Milan and French colonies, was shaken by the aggressors and bent to the Spanish (1535) and the Kingdom of Sardinia (18th century). The area of Bosco, already absorbed by the First Empire strengthened by the triumph of Napoleon Bonaparte at the Battle of Marengo (14 June 1800), was returned to the Savoy (1814). Marengo’s reinforcement to the name Bosco dates back to the decree (February 12, 1863) of Vittorio Emanuele II.

“Affinity – was the kiosk of Efrem Bovo (Marengo temporary manager) – leads to collaborate to build the multifaceted offer and promote the pearls dispersed on the vast area of Alessandria: the design union is a harbinger of economic growth and international credit for our territory marked by heroes consecrated by history”.